Happy 29th of September, Richardclub!
Do we even do happy?
Sad-happy is the best kind of happy. It’s been a while since I broke out that phrase.
***URGENT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***
Grindr, a popular app for gay men, now carries an urgent warning for users in Egypt. According to many sources, Egyptian authorities are posing as LGBT people on various social media sites to identify and arrest homosexual people. The app is urging users in the region to proceed with extreme caution, especially when identifying themselves or arranging meetings/hookups. While so far the focus seems to be on gay men, all LGBT people in the area should be cautious. Reports show that Egyptian police have carried out violent raids on private homes which lead to the arrests of several gay men. These men were then subjected to disturbing medical “exams.” Police also raided an LGBT party last year, violently arresting many and sentencing them to up to 12 years hard labour. While homosexuality is not illegal in Egypt, athorities are using sexual deviance, debauchery and insulting public morals as terms for the crackdown. Many claim this fresh attack on the LGBT community is lead by President Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi who wishes for his country to be more Islamic.
For all of my LGBT friends here on tumblr, please be extremely careful as this situation develops. Remember to clear your search history, use private browsing if possible, and be extremely cautious with who you talk to online.
i’m like glad and everything that emma watson is being outspoken about feminism and stuff but like instead of appealing and attempting to include men shouldn’t we make it our number one priority to include women of color, trans women, and disabled women considering the fact that they’re still excluded from what should be their movement too?
less male gaze, more female gays, u feel me
So true it hurts
Maybe if you spent as much time hassling nazi bloggers as you do sj ones maybe we’d think you are actually FOR equality just saying
THIS WILL BE SUCH A LONG MARATHON AND I AM SO READY
That’s prob about 12 hours
extended lotr alone is 11 hours and 22 minutes.
LOTR Extended = 681 minutes
Hobbit 1 Extended = 182 minutes
Hobbit 2 Extended = approx. 186 minutes
Let’s say Hobbit 3 Extended is at least 185 minutes
The full marathon run time will be around 1234 minutes, or 20 hours 30 minutes.
since that wage post is going around again here’s a reminder that it’s still legal in the US to pay disabled people 22 CENTS AN HOUR
Goodwill got shit for this for like five minutes but there’s a poster in…
Underwater sculpture, in Grenada, in honor of our African ancestors thrown overboard.
I couldnt not reblog this, it’s so powerful to me.
oh my god.
staff for real?????? badly formed puns don’t excuse you from pushing corporate sponsor ads into every fucking nook and cranny you can think of
in brightest day in blackest night something something green lantern
False, it’s actually:
thepurposeofplaying gave me a glitter skull so have I put it with my crown under the category ‘play-based gifts I want to display’
this particular juxtaposition of symbolic objects
it reminds me of something
And there the antic sits, scoffing his state and grinning at his pomp.
This is what I was thinking before I even scrolled down and saw that someone else had already gotten to that.
Reminder to DC and Marvel fans to keep up the rage about
- Marvel’s erasure and fridging of The Avengers’ founding female
- NBC’s Constantine’s decision to straight-wash Hellblazer
Support each other and yourselves by sharing your rage in the #BiBlazer and #JanetVanCrime hashtags on twitter.
Everyone is talking about Marvel vs DC, well right now it seems they’re having an ignorance off, and us fans need to band together to stop this.
WHAT YOU GET (pictured above):
- signed photo of Riley modelling RodeoHs
- signed and dated original painting done by Riley in 2013
- set of rainbow, cat, and dog stickers
- used Kodak Instamatic X-15F camera
- (3) 8x10” canvas panels (still wrapped!)
- plastic painting palette
- new set of paint brushes
- 12” ruler
- monster pouch w/lifetime warranty
- set of giant paper clips
- mini easel and mini canvas
- tub of extra fine magenta glitter
- set of 16 gel grips
- black coffee mug with red rose in heart
- Fiskars deluxe-double pencil/crayon sharpener
- box of 24 crayons
- box of 16 jumbo crayons
- box of 8 neon markers
- bag of 12 neon no.2 pencils
- box of 6 mechanical pencils
- box of 36 coloured pencils
- box of 8 super gel pens
- (1) leopard print photo box
ESTIMATED VALUE: $100 + free shipping!
WHAT YOU DO:
- follow taramelissaphotographie
- reblog this post (as many times as you want - each reblog will count towards the raffle)
- like this post if you want, but only reblogs count to win
WHEN YOU GET IT:
The winner will be announced on October 8th, 2014.
- You MUST have an ask box open so we can contact you and tell you that you won.
- You MUST be comfortable giving us your address to mail you your winnings.(Sidenote: We will ship internationally - free of charge).
- ABOUT US: Tara & Riley
G O O D L U C K !